About Me

Welcome to my Peer Mentor blogspot! I'll be a senior at WC this year and I'm from Texas...I play tennis and manage men's basketball and I'll be living in D.C. this summer, more excitement on its way...

Monday, June 15, 2009

DC Veteran

After being here in Washington for almost three weeks, I feel like I am finally learning the ropes. I’ve done the tourist thing and I’ve done the Washingtonian thing. Right now, I think being a local is better. I no longer look like a lost puppy when I’m walking through the city or through the metro halls. I walk on the right side of the escalator and I sit and read the paper on the metro. These, to me, are signs of a D.C. veteran. This may sound silly, but the small adjustments to living here have made it so much easier to get by. Beyond just adjusting to living here, academics and work have taken over my summer. I'm pretty excited to see what happens the rest of the summer...my job is hard but it's a lot of fun because I get to interact with a lot of different people. Today, our program set up a lecture with Ralph Nader so we all went to that and heard him speak about civic engagement, the economy and other current issues. I've been doing a lot of exploring lately and I'm  confident that DC is the best place that I've ever explored. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment