About Me

Welcome to my Peer Mentor blogspot! I'll be a senior at WC this year and I'm from Texas...I play tennis and manage men's basketball and I'll be living in D.C. this summer, more excitement on its way...

Monday, June 1, 2009

Life in the District

So, it has been a while since my last post, but I honestly have not had a free moment since arriving in D.C. My apartment is in Virginia and it's really, really nice...so are my roommates. All three of them are also in the Washington Center Program and one is in my Political program and the other two are in Journalism programs. We've been getting along great, meeting new friends, and exploring the city. If you've never been to D.C., never, ever drive there. Always take the metro because driving here is overwhelming and confusing and I hope no one has to do it daily. I haven't gotten a chance to see the National Mall yet, but I did walk past the Washington Monument the other night while going to Chinatown. My new friends tried to order fried pigeon at a chinese restaurant the other night, but pigeon has apparently been banned from the city....I never though I would come across pigeon in a menu. Well, that's all for now, hope everyone is having a great summer!
P.S. I started work today and I love my office, very fun so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment